Imagine a tiny kitten...full of love and full of hope - sweet and soft with adorable whiskers and tiny paws. Imagine a human being putting that little kitten on the floor and then crushing the life out of that little body. And, why, you say, would someone want to do such a horrible and miserable and terrifying and unbelievable act on an innocent life? For no other reason than for someone else to make a video of the horrible death for sexual satisfaction - a CRUSH VIDEO.
What is a crush video?
Crush videos, also known as squish or trampling videos, cater to fetishists who gain sexual gratification from watching women torture and kill small animals by stepping on them.
Typically, those crushing will use their buttocks or feet, making this fetish popular amongst many foot fetishists, as crushing by feet is usually the main focus. The foot (barefoot or in shoes) is thus often idolized by someone with a crush fetish.
With the explosive growth of peer-to-peer file sharing networks, the availability and production of crush videos is already increasing dramatically.
Additionally, the increasing popularity of websites that thrive on displaying shocking and violent videos are putting more of these types of videos into the mainstream.
What can you do?
1. Once you realize that it is a crush video, stop watching it. These videos can be quite grisly, and are extremely traumatic to watch.
2. If possible, download the video file to your computer, and send it (along with the url of the page and any user information that may be included) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Do NOT complain to the site owner until this has been done, otherwise they may remove the video, and then animal protection agencies have no evidence to work from.
3. If the video is posted on a community website such as MySpace, e-mail the website's support team, reporting it as inappropriate and offensive.
If a video has made it to MySpace, however, there is a good chance it is already posted on one of the gore sites. On sites that are clearly geared towards displaying offensive content, sending an angry letter to the webmaster will typically not help. Those sites make money on advertising, so the more offensive their content is, the more website hits it usually gets. In short, their most disturbing videos are their bread and butter, and it is unlikely that they will remove a video that is getting such strong reactions.
4. For gore sites, to find out who owns the domain name, and where the website is hosted, use a lookup utility such as samspade.org or dnsstuff.com. You may try e-mailing or calling the website hosting company, however gore sites have been known to host videos such as unedited human beheadings, so the chances are good that the website host is already aware of the content and simply does not care.Now, our momma can't even begin to imagine how such a dastardly act could make someone all excited but mankind has evolved into an often puzzling animal, that's for sure.
So, please on this Sunday remember to PURR FOR LITTLE KITTENS WORLDWIDE TO STOMP OUT CRUSH VIDEOS! We must stop this practice. It is illegal, but you know how that is - if you can find it somewhere and you want it you will get it. So, today, please:
- Week ten’s appointed time is Sunday, August 16, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3:00 p.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please go visit Confucius Cat and leave him a note so he will know to mention you on his wall of honor next week